Join us for a day of service this Veteran’s Day as we collect and assemble winter comfort packages for soldiers who will deploy before the holidays. Please bring the following items or pre-assembled packages in shoeboxes or tote bags to the Travis County Democratic Party office at 1311 E. 6th Street beginning Saturday, Nov. 11th from 10am-4pm. Donations will be accepted November 11- November 18. Volunteer with us as we assemble these packages to show local soldiers our appreciation and ensure they have some comfort from Austin this holiday season.
- Nonperishable snack and drink items like:
- Powdered drink items
- Meal enhancers: ramen noodles, seasoned salt, individual hot sauce packets, mustard, relish, and ketchup
- Protein items: energy bars, peanut butter, tuna fish, sardines, non-perishable beef jerky, or beef summer sausage
- Snacks in small hard containers and not in bags that will burst under high pressure. Chips, pretzels, nuts, cheese crackers, snack cakes, cookies.
- Candy and gum
- Toiletries such as: toothbrushes, toothpaste, shaving cream, disposable razors, shampoo, deodorant, mouthwash, baby wipes, lip balm, lotion, feminine hygiene products, eye drops, foot power, sunscreen, body spray, finger nail clippers, travel sized first aid kits
- Entertainment items such as: Letter writing supplies, Frisbees/sportsballs, holiday decorations, board games, playing cards, books, journals
- Additional items can include: thank you notes, ankle socks, boot socks, work gloves, AA and AAA batteries, a small blanket