For those of you looking for clear and simple ways to get involved, look no further! Here is your one-stop shop for information on things you could do TODAY.
Want to get involved at the Texas Legislature?
- Sign up on this form to get emails from our #txlege resistance team! Emails include links to daily bill lists with room numbers and committees. Pick up bill packets in Rep. Chris Turner’s office in E1.408 or print them from the lists below to share with your supporters.
Want to register voters?
- First, become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar. There is a required one-hour training by the Travis County Tax Office that must be done.
- Click here for the monthly training held at the Tax Office (no sign up required) every first Tuesday of the month
- Click here to for the monthly training held at the First UU Church every second Saturday of the month (sign up required)
Want to become a Precinct Chair?
- Here’s what a Precinct Chair is and what they do
- First, find out what your precinct is
- Second, check to see if your precinct is vacant
- If your precinct is vacant on the website, email Cindy Flint at email@example.com saying that you’re interested in becoming a precinct chair and live in Precinct ___, which is vacant
- NOTE: It may say on the website that the precinct is vacant, but we also have a list of folks who are still being vetted and/or haven’t been sworn in as precinct chairs. Email Cindy just to make sure.
- If your precinct already has a chair, click on their name to get their email address. Contact them and let them know you’d like to help them organize the precinct!
Want to find daily events to attend? Click here to go to our calendar. It is updated regularly with events from different organizations, Senators and Representatives, and neighborhood teams.